Planning a gala fundraising event can be stressful. It’s normal to feel like something might go wrong, or to worry that your guests won’t enjoy themselves. This kind of event needs to be memorable and fun, as well as a fundraising success. How can you ensure that your gala is successful? Plan it down to the very last detail, beginning with choosing the perfect, unique gala venue. Asking yourself the following questions is a great way to come up with an outline that you can fill in with all the details you need for an amazing event.
- How do you choose between gala event spaces? When you’re looking at gala and fundraiser event space for rent, you’re sure to find a number of different options. The key to finding the right gala fundraising event venue is to make a list of the things you need ahead of time. How many people will be attending, and who are they? What is the weather expected to be like when you host your venue? Where should the venue be located, and what are your parking needs? Will you contract with the venue for food, or do you want to bring in your own caterer? What will you need in terms of technological equipment, entertainment space, stage areas, and outdoor seating? Will you want to bring your own decorations? Have your list of questions and must-haves in hand when you visit venues.
- What’s the goal of your event? With a gala fundraising event, you’ll need to think about how the venue aligns with the charity. Are you throwing an exclusive party? Will underaged people be in attendance? Will selling tickets or holding an auction be part of the fundraising? Your goal may be to raise a certain amount of money, honor someone in attendance, or bring awareness to a cause, but whatever it is, nailing down the specifics ahead of time will inform the kind of venue you need.
- What will you feed your guests? Is it a cocktail party or a sit-down dinner? Are there allergies, food sensitivities, or lifestyle preferences to consider? What kind of menu do you intend to plan? Will you require a caterer, or will it be a more casual event? What’s your plan for beverages? Know the answers to these questions when you begin talking to caterers and venue managers.
- What’s the theme, and how will you entertain your guests in keeping with that theme? Make sure everything you plan works with your theme, from decorations to entertainment to menu. An elegant affair is better suited by live classical musicians, for instance, than a DJ. Likewise, a roaring twenties party would be ill-served by an 80’s party band. Put some thought into the theme throughout your planning process, envisioning it as you put all the moving parts into place.
- Who will help you make this event a blowout success? When you’re throwing a fundraising gala, funding the gala itself can be a challenge. That’s where finding the right volunteers and sponsors can be the key to success. Look for like-minded people who are passionate about your cause, and you’ll find workers and donors to make the event memorable.
Once you’ve got a plan in place, it’s time to start looking for somewhere to host your event! If you’re looking for the perfect gala venue, look no further than Milano Event Center. This exquisitely designed venue, located in Sugar Land, Texas, features over 10,000 square feet with an urban Italian design and a mid-century interior. The architecture features beautiful red oak beams with iron accents, wood paneling, exposed brick, and Edison lights for an ambience that is at once sophisticated and warm, modern and elegant. Our spacious facility is ideal for hosting all manner of special events, from ceremonies to receptions to corporate functions. With three ballrooms, a beautiful open patio, The Lissone Lounge for gentlemen and The Biella Suite for bridal parties, it has everything you need to make your event perfect. Check out photos of our beautiful venue on Instagram, pin us on Pinterest, follow us on Facebook, or contact us for more information or to book your event.