If you’re looking for a fun and sophisticated event, a cocktail party is a great option. This type of soiree makes it easy for people to mingle and get to know each other, and it’s also a good way to skirt the difficulties inherent in planning the menu for a sit-down dinner. You won’t have to worry about allergies and seating charts, and the atmosphere will be fun and festive. How can you make sure your party is one for the books? We’ve got some tips.
- Start by checking out different cocktail party venues for rent. Do you want an outdoor patio or a cozy indoor space? Are you looking for something modern and fun or elegant and timeless? You might not even know exactly what you’re looking for until you take some time to see what’s available.
- Determine the aesthetic of your party and make sure the venue suits it. When you’re looking for a private party space venue for rent, you’ll run across a wide array of aesthetic options. Thoughtfully consider the image you want to convey before settling on a space, because the look and feel of a space can often make or break a party. Are you planning to build your party theme around a decade, a color palette, a type of cocktail, or something else? Choosing a “hook” is a great way to start putting all the pieces into place.
- Plan the menu and choose your caterer well in advance. Often, a private cocktail party venue for rent will have preferred vendors or even in-house catering. This can be convenient, but sometimes it’s also a little bit limiting. Discuss your expectations as far as when food will be served and what will be on the menu.
- The drinks menu should be the highlight of a cocktail party. It’s fun to plan specialty drinks that work with your theme, and when you offer something special, your guests don’t have to think too much about what they want to order. Provide beer and wine, as well as non-alcoholic beverages, for those who want to enjoy the party but not the cocktails. It’s also a great idea to include a mocktail in the menu so that non-drinkers can still join in the fun.
- Be careful to consider even the smallest details. From invitations, to lighting, to your music playlist, every little detail counts when you’re planning a cocktail party. Make sure everything matches the theme, and talk to your venue manager to find out how they can help you create the perfect night.
If you’re looking for the perfect venue for cocktail party events, look no further than The Milano. This exquisitely designed venue, located in Sugar Land, Texas, features over 10,000 square feet with an urban Italian design and a mid-century interior. The architectural design features beautiful red oak beams with iron accents, wood paneling, exposed brick, and Edison lights for an ambience that is at once sophisticated and warm, modern and elegant. Our spacious facility is ideal for hosting all manner of special events, from ceremonies to receptions to corporate functions. With three ballrooms, a beautiful open patio, The Lissone Lounge for gentlemen and The Biella Suite for bridal parties, it has everything you need to make your event perfect. Check out photos of our beautiful venue on Instagram, pin us on Pinterest, follow us on Facebook, or contact us for more information or to book your event.